Friday, September 7, 2007

The dog days of summer...

Well, we are one week into September and it's still very hot outside. Not just kinda hot...real hot. I think it was close to 90 degrees in Manchester today, yikes! I love summer, but I'm starting to get excited about fall. Apple picking, cool nights, pumpkins and beautiful fall foliage here we come! After all, it's right around the corner. I think Jake and Rudy are sick of the heat too. We saw them last weekend for Labor Day and they were both pretty lethargic. I guess nothings worse than being a 145 lb. black dog sitting outside in the blaring sun. Jake was sitting by the gate when I took this picture of him. He looked like he was staring off into space... probably dreaming about bunnies in the yard...or trying to figure out how he was going to get the teriyaki steak off the grill and into his mouth. Rudy on the other hand was posing for me in the yard. He was sitting in the grass by my dad's beautiful flower garden just asking to have his picture taken. He's a lot more patient with the camera than Jake. Anyways, hope everyone is having a good week! Enjoy the warm weather!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Hi Anne! I just found out today that you have a link to me on your blog - thank you so much. I just poked around a bit and I love your blog, it's beautiful. Your photos are gorgeous. Once again, it's taken the expanse of the internet to find a neighbor in CT. Amazing. Thanks for reading, I'm going to have to add you to my blogroll!