Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cool Crewel...

I was browsing at the craft store the other day and ran across The New Crewel book, written by Katherine Shaughnessy. I LOVE it! This is some pretty cool crewel. I've dabbled in crewel before in the past and I have many vintage crewel pieces made by my grandmother and her many, many sisters. I've always enjoyed crewel work and this book has lots of modern patterns that are super easy to do...the only downside is I can't find the correct crewel yarn to use ANYWHERE in the Manchester area. So, for now I am forced to practice with plain old embroidery thread. Oh well, at least I can get some practice with the stitches before the real yarn comes in. Yeah!




The photos above are of a crewel pillow made by one of my relatives on my Dad's side of the family sometime in the late 1960's or '70s. I'll be posting pics of my first project once it's completed!

No comments: