Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hello Beach!!

Ugh, it's the end of a gorgeous weekend. This weekend went by way too fast. You know it did when you find yourself spending Sunday night counting down the days 'till Friday. The warm weather was a wonderful treat, and I can only hope that it stays like this for awhile! After a morning of raking leaves on Saturday, Erik and I headed out to the shore to enjoy the sunshine. We went to Rocky Neck State Park, Mystic and ended the day watching the sun set in Misquamicut. There were lots of people sunbathing at Rocky Neck. Now, I know it was practically 80 out, but I just couldn't get past the whole sunbathing it CT in April thing. It just seemed odd. But anyways, we stayed there for about an hour and then headed over to Mystic to grab dinner. I have been on a huge salad kick lately and can't seem to get enough greens, so we searched the Mystic travel center's menu display and found a restaurant with both good seafood and good salads! Yummy! We had a great dinner and then headed down the road in search of a pretty spot to watch the sun set. We ended up going to the state beach in Misquamicut, RI. I have been going to Misquamicut since I was little, and I don't recall ever seeing starfish on the beach...but they were there on Saturday! They were pretty beat-up looking, so I am guessing they came in with the storm last week. I was able to take a few pictures of them and thought this one came out cool. I am excited that good weather is here and Summer will be here before we know it. Hopefully this weekend's beach trip was the first of many great beach trips this season!!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

There were starfish there before! I spent almost an hour throwing them back into the ocean! One of the first times I went w/ your family was after a storm.