Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter Walks on the Beach



I miss summer. I really, really miss it. Erik and I have been talking a lot about the beach lately. It must come up in conversation at least twice a day...so we figured we should take a trip down to the shore, even though it's freezing out! Yesterday we hopped in the car after a yummy breakfast, fueled up with some coffee...mmmmm coffee, and headed to Misquamicut, RI. We were secretly wishing it was the Outer Banks we were driving to, but we will have to wait a few more months for that drive.



It was cold and overcast yesterday at the shore, the sun kept poking out from behind the clouds and we had the beach to ourselves. It was so refreshing.



I love being by the water. I even made a mini video on the camera of the waves... I know, I'm a dork, but I figured it would be a good pick-me-up to watch it whenever this winter weather has got me bored.





While walking we found lots of seashells, neat rocks, a piece of sea glass, seaweed, bird footprints and Erik even spotted a lobster tail.



This first trip to the shore of 2008 definitely left us rejuvenated and I'm sure we will be hanging some pictures on the fridge to remind us of the day.



On the way back home we stopped by the Connecticut River Museum in Essex.




We didn't see any eagles out and about, but there were lots of sea gulls walking on the ice and even a pair of swans swimming in the water. Erik was hoping to see some eagles, but I guess we will have to plan another trip down to Essex to do that.



Also, If we ever win the lotto, we want one of these :)

No comments: