Thursday, August 30, 2007

Wanted: Paper Source in CT

I love the store Paper Source! I wish we had one here in CT. The nearest store is in Boston...and that is too far to drive for paper. Paper Source is the place to go for decorative paper, gifts, cards and more. It is a creative superstore! I was on the hunt here in Manchester this evening for some cool wrapping paper for the gift I'm bringing to my friend's shower this weekend, and not a single item at the stores I visited made me oohh and ahhh. Paper Source would have had the artsy paper I was envisioning, I just know it! I'll have to stock up next time I'm in Boston visiting Cassandra! I'm fully aware that I am way too picky and should have settled for the first decent wrapping paper I saw tonight, but it was $6.99 a roll, and there was no way I was going to spend $6.99 for a roll of so-so wrap that I will probably never touch again. Grrr... Sometimes I wish I was not so picky. Sometimes I wish I could learn to just settle for something. But no, not me. I get this picture in my head of how I want something to look and I just can't seem to be happy until it is just right. Well, after many stops around town I ended up at Christmas Tree Shops in total frustration (Erik was happy, he could at least go into Guitar Center for a minute) and I did it...I settled for a nice gift bag, pretty white curling ribbon, and plain jane tissue paper. Well, enough ranting over useless stuff tonight, I'm off to bed.

No comments: