Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer Fun

We spent this past weekend at the Cape visiting Erik's grandmother. We were blessed to have another wonderful trip with minimal traffic and beautiful weather. I love the beach! After every trip Erik and I spend the drive home thinking of how in the world we could pull off moving to the shore! I doubt it will happen in the near future, but we can dream about it!


On the way down we made a pit stop in Chatham, MA before visiting with Gram and had fun seeing the boats at the Chatham Fishing Pier. It was a very very bright sunny morning and I even had to break down and wear my sunglasses. For those of you who know me...I never wear sun glasses. I know, I know, I should wear them more often...I'm just not a fan.


While there we bumped into this guy hanging out relaxing in the warm water by the boats. A Seal!! My guess is that he was waiting for a big old fishing boat to come in and throw some of the days catch over his way! He was so calm just floating in the water.


Next we rambled over to the Chatham Lighthouse and walked the beach there. Despite some strong winds, we had a beautiful walk! We left Chatham and drove back towards Hyannis around noon to visit with Gram. We relaxed on her beach for a bit and then had a wonderful dinner! (followed by watching the Red Sox game...Erik was very happy!) It was so nice to be able to visit! Thank You Gram!

No comments: