Sunday, August 19, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

I'm trying to do more writing on my blog...so bear with me, I'm trying something new. As I was re-writing my profile info last week I realized I had lots of things to say, but didn't want to put it all in my profile. So, I started a post on my favorite restaurants. Then I saw a post Cassandra put up Thursday on her blog for the weekly blog challenge listing her favorite things. It got me thinking and I'm going to do a series of posts on my favorite things, places, restaurants, etc....basically anything that makes me happy. This first post is on restaurants. I would love to hear your comments! Here goes nothing... bon appetite!

Anne and Erik's Favorite Restaurants
I LOVE to eat! Erik and I love to go out to eat, it's not that we don't enjoy cooking, we just love to go out. We have been trying to stick with local restaurants...or smaller chains lately. It's hard to do, but it feels good to support the small businesses out there. Here are some of our favorite spots to eat...

Breakfast-
  • Reins Deli, Vernon, CT -- Reins Deli makes a breakfast sandwich called the "Next Door Special". I get mine with baked ham, fried egg, cheddar cheese on a pumpernickel bagel.
  • Bonnetts, Harwich, MA --They are famous for their breakfast treat "The Meltaway". Mmmmm... My mouth waters just thinking of them!
  • Nags Head fishing Pier, Nags Head, NC --Nothing beats eating breakfast in a screened-in porch on a pier overlooking the ocean.
Lunch/Dinner-
  • Not Your Average Joes, multiple locations in MA -- We have never been disappointed in their food or service. I love this place! I have enjoyed every meal here.
  • Shady Glen, Manchester, CT -- Cheeseburgers here are sinful. The crispy cheese makes it amazing!

Dessert/Coffee-
  • Shady Glenn, Manchester, CT-- The best ice cream...yummy! Mocha Chip is my personal favorite and Erik is partial to their Chocolate Peanut butter. We have never had a flavor we did not love.
  • Finale, Boston, MA -- I had a chocolate fondue with Cassandra a few weeks ago that was finger licking good!
  • The former Junkanoo Island Cafe, Nags Head, NC :(

No comments: