Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day!

beautiful beaded snowflakes

My fabulous snow dance worked last night and I'm so grateful to have another three-day-weekend. Hip hip hooray for snow days! I got a call from work this morning telling me that we were closing early due to the impending winter storm and I didn't need to bother coming in. It was music to my ears :). Not that I didn't want to go to work...but Erik has been home on vacation all week and this gives me the chance to spend a day at home resting and relaxing (or cleaning and organizing...) with him. Maybe I will even get a chance to dust off my craft table and do something creative! Thank you for snow days!

2 comments:

cup O Joe said...

I liked your snow day entry, and the snow dance mentioned within. Here is a link to snow days in Manchester long ago, when I was a resident

http://www.laudizen.com/gathered/snow_day.htm

cup O Joe said...

Anne,
thank you for your reply, I have corrected my inaccuracies. I have a new post out (and it is also published on my web site) and is a remembrance of the Dugout and the great Larry Lisciotti. Depending who your father and uncle are, when they read the story and see my nickname, they might know who I am.

Yes, I want pimento on my grinder, toasted with extra cheese, and a little oil and vinegar, please.

The Manchester of my youth had the best pizza joints: Ray's, Bob and Maries, Vics, West Side Tavern, and many more.

Please let me know how your Father and Uncle respond to the Larry Lisciotti piece. Perhaps they knew him?

Regards, Laudizen